Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland?is a single player turn-based Japanese Role-playing game (JRPG) exclusive to the PlayStation 3 console. The 2011 release in the long-running PlayStation based?Atelier?franchise and sequel to the earlier?Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland, this game focuses action on a combination of alchemist based item creation, party combat utilizing AI companions, character leveling and exploration gameplay. Additional features include: classic turn-based RPG combat and strategy, in-game characters that can be hired to search for needed items, AI character assist abilities, character specific finishing moves, frequently updated quests and a variety of possible game endings.
A Whole New?Atelier?Adventure
The small fishing village of Alanya on the Arland Republic’s southern border is home to the young alchemist-in-training Totooria Helmold. She is called Totori by her friends and family, and she wishes to become a great adventurer. One day, she resolves to make the journey to Arland, become an adventurer and explore the world beyond her hometown. She will make many friends along her journey of discovery – some new, some familiar. When her quest comes to a close, your actions over the course of the game will dictate whether she finds the answers to her questions, forges unbreakable bonds with friends, or takes a different path entirely.
Key Game Features
- Take on the role of Totooria Helmold (Totori), a brand new alchemist/adventurer to the game series
- Travel and map the Republic of Arland over several years, exploring dozens of unique locales
- Synthesize hundreds of items: ingredients, weapons, armor, and explosives to help you on your journey
- Homunculi, in-game characters that can be hired to search for needed items
- Classic turn-based RPG combat brings strategy and a sense of nostalgia for gamers new and old
- Several unique endings to experience will keep you playing even after finishing it the first time
- Assist System which allows AI party members to assist Totori in specific ways
- Super Move, which can be used to deal maximum damage
- Frequently updated quests available at the Adventurer’s Guild or town tavern